Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Housewife Savant or Shart Your Shorts

Ms. Savant is a favorite of mine that I've been following for quite a while now (at least a day or two). Her words are wholesome, wise, wordy, and whinning...er...winning. I began following her oh so long ago for inspiration. She was a jogger, a lifter, a real body builder that is until she wrote this little snippet...an ode to foods that I shudder to think of crossing my palate (and tremble with joy...pure unadultered joy). So why dedicate an entire day to her? Why indeed!

Ms. Savant battles Meniere's Disease, something I have never heard of until I crossed paths with her. It totally rocks her world, literally, too. Although I have done a bit of research, and she's explained it in bits and pieces...actually..LOTS of bits and pieces, you can read about it here when you have the chance. Still why an entire day just to her?

Mimi at Living in France has created a special day, today, "Shart for Solidarity." Why she chose to shart instead of barf, which is what Meniere's makes Savant do, remains Mimi's secret, but shart it is. She created a wonderful button to celebrate this day, and to show our support with our sharts to Ms. Savant. So, shart off! Shart on! But please be kind and wash them there shorts that contains the sharts.



Here's to you, to wong foo. May your sharts spare your shorts.

Hats off, Ms. Savant.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Alex, I went and checked out this so called Savant, as I've seen her name touted about before. Nice blog, good works.

    Thanks for the tip, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's so sad that her insurance provider decided to not cover her treatment. Poor HS. That's horrible to know that you may be able to find help, but they won't help you to get it. :(
    Ya know? I can't remember the shart's beginnings...I think I took it from one of her posts, about not feeling well. And because I'm wacky, the shart for solidarity was born.
    Nasty little thing.
    Macey : )
    Thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - that she is not able to get the treatment breaks my heart.

    Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom's world gets rocked occassionaly with that same disease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap Alex. How sweet you are 'n how much I lurve you? (Answer: lots. Did before. Do now.)
    You are so very kind.
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'll go check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back atcha Savant.

    Kaye, I couldn't imagine having to deal with that, it's like having chemo for the rest of your life

    Tammy, I know. Healthcare reform to the rescue?

    Macey, your heart was, as it always is, in the right place.

    Anita, I'm glad you checked her out. She's quite the blogger. Very different from the typical blog. I think you'll enjoy her writings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YaYa, I'm so glad you stopped by, you bring color (orange) into my life. I hope you enjoy Savant's posts as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm off to check out Ms. Savant's blog. Thank you for the link. enJOY your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You gotta love Savant. I am familiar with Meniere's Disease and I only recently found out she suffers with it and suffer is the word. She's obviously a trooper and I think it's disgraceful she can't get the treatment she needs.

    ReplyDelete