Monday, June 15, 2009

Doctor, Doctor

Brutal confession.

I hate doctors. Not really them, just going to visit them. I hate the whole entire process. Walking into the office, signing in, waiting (gods, the waiting), having the nurse give you the run down, looking at the scale, getting on the scale, looking at the scale again, and then waiting for the doctor, again, but this time in a room small enough to house towels and a dishpan.

I have to go to the doctor. I need to pick up the phone and call him. I'm sick. Very sick. I've been sick since Friday when I walked into the kitchen to fix Avery's oatmeal and semi passed out. I say semi because I think I was awake the entire time. It was the first time in my life that I actually saw the room spin...and really spin. Like I was holding my head trying to keep the room from spinning. And although I'm not feeling as horrible as I felt on Friday, I think this episode merits a visit to the doctor.

I don't want to go. I want to sit here and pretend that the headache I've been having for the last three days isn't sitting in the background living on the edge (threw that phrase in there for you, Tammy). I want to sit here and pretend that the absence of that little pain in the center of my chest, the one that's been there for a bout a week or so, won't be popping up later on in the day. I think that one is due to stress (good answer, huh?). Yesterday, my entire body felt weird...like it was tired all over. I remember feeling that way ten years ago.

I'm kind of scared.

I'm really scared.

It's probably nothing.

I'll go. I'll go. Jeez.

15 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better. I'm sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so scary. please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you're freakin' me out! You know, it could be stress, for real! If something happens to me or I feel something I don't recognize, I freak out and make myself sick! It'll be ok. Go to the Dr. It's fine.
    Macey

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the positive side, sounds like it could be a touch of Vertigo but then again, there are a myriad of other things not as positive that could cause something like this. I agree that it probably would be best if you sucked up your energy and courage and make the visit to the doctor as part of your agenda. Better to be safe than sorry, ya know. I'm no fan of doctors either but learned my lesson well about six years ago when my stomach issues finally got checked out and I learned I had colo-rectal cancer. Regardless of what it might be, just go find out what's causing this, Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok now the "Momma" in me is gonna come out! Call the Dr.s young lady or I will. And you are not allowed, not allowed do you hear me to have anything other than a case of the stresses or the flu. I will not have you getting sick. It is simply just not acceptable. Don't make come there and take care of you dab gum it.
    But seriously I hope you call the doc's. You will be fine. You are supposed to be here. A big hug to you. And I am glad to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you are pregnant! LOL! I kid! I kid! :) Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stress can cause physical problems. Worrying that you may have a physical problem can lead to a physical problem.

    The fear of the unknown is the big stresser because your Imagination and the Worst-Case-Scenario get together and throw a party and they trash the place. See the doctor, get some answers and go from there.

    In the meantime those of us in Blog-Land are praying for you and sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Sheila take a Sheila take a bow, bite your tongue! (I took a pregnancy test over the weekend and it was B negative..trust me, I ain't letting that one bite me on the butt).

    Thank you all for your well wishes, yes, tink-n-mother, I've called the doctor and made an appt. He's such a popular dr. though so it will be a week til I can see him. Nuff time to build up my courage...hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate the doc, too, but I go when I've gotta go. And you've gotta go.

    We can't be good moms and wives (and bloggy friends!) if we're not well. Seriously.

    Also - big squishy hugs for thinking to throw out a lyrical reference JUST FOR ME even through the sickness. I'm humbled.

    Feel better, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to read that you made an appointment. If feel worse over the next day or so though, maybe you should try to see him/her sooner? A week is a long time to wait and worry. I'm keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're feeling better soon! I'll be praying for your speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh I'm so proud of you putting on your big girl panties and calling the doc. Send me your addy and I'll send you a pressie. vintagemum@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad to read in comments you made the appointment, but ugh on waiting a week. I have similar issues with seeing doctors and then having to wait to be seen. It's infuriating. I do see my GYN annually, but the PCP, what is that??
    Thinking of you, and as Pam said, if you feel worse, get yourself seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're all freaked out now.
    And you know how productive fretting can be.
    Go in. See the doc. Endure the poking.
    Be brave.
    Keep your readers posted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am hoping that you are feeling better, but a week to see the Dr. Maybe you should just take a day and sit in his office reception area and while you're there make sure the room spins a couple of times. Eventually the receptionist is going to get you back to see the Dr.

    ReplyDelete